Director of Innovation and Research
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) invites applications for the role of Director of Innovation and Research to lead a cohesive, one-school approach to the delivery of innovative, research-based learning from Early Years to Grade 12. The Director of Innovation and Research represents a new role on the CDNIS senior leadership team and will report to the Head of School.
The Director of Innovation and Research will inspire and guide CDNIS educators, designing experiences that build cohesion and encouraging professional growth in line with best practices in teaching and learning and building a culture of research within the school. The Director of Innovation and Research will also actively engage the wider CDNIS community, enhancing and championing the unique practices and processes that make CDNIS a world-class school. They will have the opportunity to bring people together – for example, through organizing national and international forums and symposia around emergent trends in education.
Candidates for the role of Director of Innovation and Research will be visionary risk takers, entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, and creative problem solvers. The ideal candidate for this position will be an active, contributing member of professional networks and associations related to innovation in education.
• Master’s degree in curriculum development, educational leadership or a related field
• Minimum 5 years of classroom teaching, coaching and leadership experience in an international school context
• Proven results in developing innovative educational instruction and design in a diverse setting
• Demonstrated success in designing and implementing professional development
• Demonstrated initiative and creativity
• Highly collaborative with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated successful change management
• Experience utilising data-driven decision-making
• Proven track record managing and inspiring complex teams
How to Apply
CDNIS will be supported in this appointment process by the executive search firm Perrett Laver. Applications for the role of Director of Innovation and Research should include the following materials:
• Covering Letter
Completed applications should be uploaded at https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies/ quoting reference 5272.
The deadline for application is Thursda, March 31, 2022. CDNIS will begin to review applications as soon as materials are received. Review of applications and nominations will continue until the post is filled. Initial enquiries may be directed in confidence to Dr Gary Tang at Gary.Tang@perrettlaver.com.