From Monday 20 April online learning for the Lower School will be organised as follows.
1. Three homeroom days per week. On these days there will be an increase in Zoom sessions to provide our students with more interaction with their teachers and peers.
* Prep-will move to two 15 minute sessions per week per student in groups of 5
* Grades 1-2 will move to 40 minutes per day per child
* Grades 3-4 will move to 60 minute per day per child
* Grades 5-6 will move to increased small group sessions to support the exhibition throughout the week
2. One specialist day per week. On this day the specialist team will host a Zoom together at the start of the day for the whole grade level as well as posting engagements specific to their single subjects.
3. Chinese online learning will take place three days per week. Chinese teachers will continue to Zoom twice per week with students. One Chinese Zoom will take place on a homeroom day and one on the specialist day. On the third day, Chinese teachers will post engagements on Seesaw or Google Classroom.
4. Wednesday each week will be Wellness Wednesday. On Wednesdays there will be no online learning for students across the Lower and Upper School. We are encouraging students to focus on healthy and wholesome offline activities on this day. In order to support the community with ideas, the Lower School is developing an online Wellness Hub that parents and students can access. The Wellness Hub will contain age appropriate activities that can be done offline to support social and emotional wellbeing, physical activity, creativity, mindfulness and character building. We will be updating the hub each week with fresh ideas and we hope this will become a valuable resource for us all.