Transition Years Grades 6-8 Remote Learning
Transition Years Grades 6-8 Remote Learning Schedule
For remote learning, students will follow their Day 6 rotation schedule and their five block daily schedule:
- Homeroom, core subjects (i.e. Mathematics, English, Science, Humanities), Chinese, and Advisory will continue as planned
During other scheduled courses we will teach and reinforce essential skills for learning in the Upper School and to prepare for success in remote learning such as:
- Organizing for digital learning
- Approaches to learning skills
- Working collaboratively and independently
- Building positive relationships within homerooms
- Building on personal strengths to support learning
- Physical activity and wellness
Hybrid Schedule (including lunch timings/cafeteria use)
- If CDNIS is approved to bring small groups of students on to campus (e.g. half the number of students as we saw last spring), we will transition to a hybrid model that blends remote learning and on-site learning for that year group.
- Students will be divided into two groups (“red” & white”), with each group coming to school on alternating days: the red group will attend in person on one day while the white group engages in independent remote learning at home; the following day, the white group will attend in person for a repeat of the previous day’s lesson while the red group works independently at home.
- To the greatest extent possible, Grade 6-8 students will be placed in red and white groups in order to match with Lower School siblings operating on a similar pattern and rotation of classes.
Sample two-week Hybrid Model Rotation for Grades 6-8
- In-school days will consist of live lessons in the classroom. These lessons will not be recorded.
- On remote learning days, students will engage in independent learning tasks that will reinforce learning from the previous day’s lessons.
- In order to ensure social distancing and hygienic lunch spaces, we will alter the daily timetable slightly. This will allow us to separate students into small groups during lunch times.
There is currently no content classified with this term.