Expectations for Parents
The role of parents is critical in remote learning. In order to facilitate a consistent learning environment at home we that you:
- monitor student engagement
- ensure your child is following the daily schedule
- ensure that the tools and environment needed for learning are made available to the students (for example, ensure students have a well-lit, reasonably quiet work space)
- regularly check in on student progress and work submission
- allow students to complete their assignments independently and to the best of their ability. Parents and individual tutors are to refrain from overly assisting in the completion of assigned tasks. If unsure of what constitutes too much assistance, please consult the teacher
- contact the appropriate person with any questions or concerns as they arise
When a student is absent from a class or classes due to illness or other factors, parents must notify the school via the student absence reporting in the Parent Portal.
There is currently no content classified with this term.