Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for the following position(s) to join our Senior Administration team:
1. Upper School Vice-Principal (Transition Years Grades 6-8)
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is seeking an Upper School Vice-Principal (Transition Years Grades 6-8) to start no later than August 1, 2019.
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is a non-profit organization that provides a highly regarded continuum education from Pre-Reception to Grade 12. The CDNIS Upper School is accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education to grant Ontario Secondary School Diploma credits (Grades 9-12) and authorized by the International Baccalaureate to offer the IB MYP (Grades 7-10) and the DP (Grades 11-12). Upper School students graduate with both the IB Diploma and Ontario Secondary School Diploma. CDNIS strives to inspire excellence, cultivate character, and empower engagement locally and globally. CDNIS offers excellent salary, benefits, and working conditions.
The Upper School at CDNIS currently has 740 students from Grade 7 to 12 with 105 teaching faculty and staff. We will be moving Grade 6 from the Lower School to the Upper School in August 2020 with Grade 6 becoming the first year of the IB MYP and the Upper School. The VP of Transition Years Grades 6-8 is an exciting new administrative position in the Upper School and the successful candidate will be expected to:
- be an integral leader in the Grade 5-8 transitional task force
- work with the Upper School Principal and leadership team to create a “middle school identity” within the Upper School through the schedule, pedagogical approaches, digital life, experiential learning, personalized learning, student clubs, and celebration opportunities
- lead decision-making around an alternate schedule for Grade 6-8 (including staffing, supervision, room allocations, reporting)
- in collaboration with the MYP and PYP Coordinators, develop a linked interdisciplinary and project-based learning continuum from Grade 5-8
- lead student management in Grades 7-8 from 2019 onwards; Grades 6-8 from 2020 onwards (including discipline, data tracking and analysis)
- work closely with a design team to determine future physical space needs and allocation for Grade 6-8
Successful candidates should have:
- A Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- Significant teaching experience at the intermediate/middle school/MYP level
- At least 3 years of prior experience as a vice principal or experience in a key leadership role in an Ontario and/or an IBMYP accredited school
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the unique learning capabilities of young adolescent learners
- Proven excellence in program management, and excellent leadership, organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Ability to effectively model the mission of CDNIS
- Ability to collaborate with senior administrators and teaching staff
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to:
David Baird, Head of School: email@example.com
Closing date: November 2, 2018
CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment: Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.