Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for the following position(s) :
1. Purchasing Manager
Canadian International School of Hong Kong is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our purchasing department.
Reporting to Director of Business Administration, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall management of the purchasing department with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the sourcing and procurement of categories including teaching resources and related projects, equipment, supplies, furniture, and corporate services etc. for the school to comply with school’s procurement policy;
- Hands-on performing procurement activities including running RFP/RFQ/ tender document, price benchmarking, conduct commercial and pricing negotiation, and contract management etc.
- Lead the team members to proactively identify, analyse and evaluate user departments’ procurement needs/ issues and propose solutions and recommendations
- Support the tender process for works projects under the established policies
- Oversee the compliance framework for the Purchasing Department and provide necessary training on compliance requirements including internal controls and procedures for purchasing
- Establish and maintain supplier database accurately and conduct supplier performance review
- Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives to streamline process and improve efficiency for the Department
- Implement initiatives on sourcing and supplier development
- Maintain effective relationship with key suppliers
- Assist procurement transformation project contribute to the continuous improvement of procurement process, plus other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree holder or equivalent in supply chain management or related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in in purchasing and supply chain management (including 5 years of supervisory experience). Job exposure in education sector would be an advantage
- Possess professional knowledge in identifying procurement issues and developing solutions
- Strong procurement and project management skill set, sound stakeholder management skills
- Responsible for handling supplier evaluation, price negotiation; quality compliance and cost control management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is preferred
2. Senior Analyst Programmer
We are looking for Senior Analyst Programmer to join our IT department.
Reporting to the Manager, IT, the Senior Analyst Programmer provides support for school wide data systems. He/She provides creative solutions to end user requirements, inquiries and problems, analyses data and business processes to identify opportunities for improvement, creates and edits custom reports using Crystal Reports and other reporting tools, creates and edits internal web pages to support the operations of various departments, communicates with data system vendors to resolve issues, works with outsource vendors to monitor program development and provides coaching and training to all members of the School.
- Understands business flows and systems. Provides proposals to align with IT development and School practical requirements
- Performs requirement analysis, design or customization, development, implementation, launch, operation and maintenance of the school information system with an emphasis on the application systems integration and reporting
- Responsible for the day to day operations and performance of the school information system and other school wide data systems
- Protects integrity of information for accurate statistical and information data
- Maintains adequate and up-to-date system documentation and procedures for operational and security audits
- Provides database management support and maintains required security measures on all school data systems
- Provides coaching and training to users regularly, or on request
- Liaises with software vendors to implement the school information system; liaises with software developers to coordinate and monitor outsourcing program development
- Implements new systems and takes on and manages projects from start to finish
- Performs other comparable duties as assigned that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in requirement analysis, design and relevant software development, implementation, integration and launch
- Experience in mission critical system implementation is highly desirable
- Experience in Web Services
- Experience or knowledge in crystal report development and other reporting tools with a well-known database
- Experience or knowledge in .NET, VB.NET, C#, ASP, Java, SQL and/or programming languages
- Experience in working with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Exposure to Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Unix, or Linux is an advantage.
- Knowledge on mobile application development (Android / iOS) is an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Knowledge in Cantonese and Mandarin is advantageous.
- Ability to organize daily tasks, work independently and as a member of a team.
3. IT Support Specialist
We are looking for IT Support Specialist to join our IT department.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining the school infrastructure (i.e. hardware: servers, printers, peripherals; Software: operating systems, standard applications, e-mail etc), manages appropriate records of hardware and software, investigate reported faults and provides technical support and expertise to ensure the smooth and effective day to day operation of ICT services.
- Liaise with vendors; obtain quotations for the provision of IT solutions; scheduling with IT vendors; working with IT vendors; verifying quality of work from IT vendors; acceptance of work provided by IT vendors
Troubleshoot and support the School’s computer and network systems, including cabling, peripheral equipment, including printers, multifunction copiers, mobile devices and telephone systems including Internet Protocol (IP), and cellular, Public Address System, Security Camera System, Presentation System, LCD projectors and audio-visual equipment
Monitor networking equipment and servers. Install and update network system improvements as needed
Setup, install, upgrade, and configure computer systems and peripheral equipment, including printers
Install, relocates and programs phones; provides technical support and liaises with contracted service provider to resolve problems and ensure phone system stability
Perform routine tasks to maintain user accounts and permissions, including implementing disk space and printer quota policies.
Perform system security and backup. Monitor security systems for potential threats and intrusion signs and make sure that security patches are always up to date.
Perform asset management for both hardware and software. Update of asset records. Filing of disposal records
Provide technical guidance and assistance to the other systems staff as required. Serve as back-up support for Digital Services Help Desk technicians.
Monitor computer spare parts and consumables inventory (e.g. hardware, printer cartridges, projector lamps); provide specifications to purchasing for needed materials and equipment; verify goods received
- Carry out basic safety checks. Clean, check, confirm operational safety and perform routine maintenance on working equipment on a daily basis
Respond to operational emergency situations (including off-hours calls)
Operate personal computers, peripherals, software (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, multi-media, diagnostic utilities, E-mail); hand tools, meters, soldering iron, miscellaneous test equipment; and other standard maintenance tools
Perform other comparable IT duties as assigned which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, or information systems or related field preferred
1-2 years of experience in an IT environment (preferably working in a multi-platform environment), involving the installation, troubleshooting and repair of desktop hardware, peripherals and software; advising users and developing technical solutions to a wide variety of problems in order to develop a good understanding of operating system and layered product software configuration, identify hardware or network problems and have all components work together.
Broad knowledge in Apple platform’s usage and support, in both hardware and software, is desirable.
Ability to analyze, interpret and use judgment in the resolution of problems.
Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Cantonese is necessary for daily operations.
Ability to organize daily tasks; work independently and as a member of a team.
Physical ability to perform the assigned duties; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
4. Activities Assistant
Reporting to the Activities Manager, the Activities Assistant is responsible for secretarial and administrative support to the School’s After School (ASA) and School Holiday (HP) programmes working as a member of a team to ensure the timely resolution of general CDNIS requirements; in accordance with established regulations, policies and procedures. This role is customer service orientated with a focus on supporting our ASA parents and providers.
- Being the first point of contact for ASA enquiries and offering support and service to our ASA community.
- Entry of student and course information into the school student management system and registration of students into the relevant courses as well as updating of course information.
- Extraction of student information from CDNIS operating systems for parent, student, school and service provider queries/requirements in order for the smooth day-to-day running of the ASA and HP programmes.
- Book keeping of all ASA and HP activities including the creation of reporting materials for the accounts department
- Assist with the communication to internal and external customers in relation to ASA and HP programmes by email, phone and face to face
- Assist with the monitoring of Service Provider activities to ensure quality of instruction is maintained at a satisfactory level and report to the line manager any concerns in relation to quality of instruction.
- Supervision of students before and after activities on a daily basis.
- Any other reasonable duty as instructed by the line manager from time to time (overtime occasionally required)
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role with a particular focus on customer service
- Good understanding of the activities programmes
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese (grammar, spelling, punctuation)
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English and in Chinese (if applicable)
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of office procedures and standard office equipment including personal computers and office software; creativity in computer applications will be helpful in preparation of presentations
OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
5. School Bus and Student Attendance Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Business Administration Manager, the School Bus and Student Attendance Coordinator is responsible for liaison between the school bus provider, school and parents in keeping all the buses, with over 1,700 students, running safely and on time; and keeping records of daily student attendance and daily student absentee lists throughout the day.
- Records, monitors, updates and ensures the accuracy of the daily student attendance and daily student absentee lists and bus routes;
- Prepares and delivers the updated students lists for respective bus drivers and bus escorts for various scheduled bus departures;
- Be familiar with all the bus assignments and route maps for the different pick up and departure times;
- Develops a dispatching system to ensure that bus drivers and bus escorts understand the student lists and follows student safety related policies and practices appropriately;
- Be on site during the scheduled bus departures to ensure smooth operation of the dispatching system;
- Acts as transportation liaison and coordinates transportation needs and information between parents and the school bus provider, when and as needed;
- Provides information and assistance to staff and parents on school routing situations/issues in liaison with school bus provider to ensure effective resolution of complaints and issues;
- Assists with dispatch activities and to follow up with school bus provider questions and problem situations;
- Assists and trains others on how to operate the dispatching system, including appropriate policies and procedures;
- Works with the school bus provider to coordinate regular and after school bus routes; liaises with school bus provider regarding adjustments of routes in response to changing curriculum needs and other situations impacting transportation routes;
- Participates in the training and orientation of school bus drivers and bus escorts in relation to students’ safety policies and procedures;
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff and parents and resolves conflict in a professional manner;
- Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards immediately to supervisor; and
- Other bus related duties may be assigned.
- Attends Crisis Management meetings and Health & Safety Committee meetings to stay abreast of crisis management and health & safety policies and procedures
- Assists in developing a school climate survey
- Gathers data collections for various school related surveys
- 3-4 years of experience working in a school environment
- Ability to remain calm and professional in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals in a courteous and tactful manner, and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to handle problems and stressful situations tactfully and apply proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English and Chinese
- General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use email
- Ability to learn appropriate dispatching policies and practices within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to gather resources and information effectively to support new families/students
6. Theatre Technician
Reporting to the Arts Center Manager, the Theatre Technician is responsible for providing technical support for the Arts Centre. This includes performing a variety of responsible technical duties associated with the set-up, purchase, operation and maintenance of the Arts Centre’s light, sound, video and rigging equipment; providing technical advice and assistance regarding the use of the equipment; directing the work of technical, part-time theatre staff; and working as a member of a team to ensure the timely resolution of general CDNIS requirements, in accordance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- provides advice and assistance to both school staff and external practitioners in the proper set-up and operation of the theatre lighting, sound, video and rigging systems.
- advises Arts Center Manager when additional technical, backstage or stage management support is required for events that are booked in the theatre auditorium or theatre lobby.
- repairs and maintains lighting, sound, video and rigging equipment either personally or through vendors.
- provides advice and assistance purchasing additional or replacement of theater lighting, sound, and rigging equipment.
- completes the necessary health and safety checks for the theatre to operate as a working venue.
- assists with the staging of school productions and supports external practitioners to run other backstage facilities.
- offers technical support to teaching staff as and when required during school teaching hours and during school productions.
- acts as the first point of contact for set up equipment in the theatre and to liaise with the Arts Centre Manager regarding any requirements.
- liaises with the Arts Centre Manager on a daily basis to check technical requirements for the upcoming events in theatre auditorium and lobby areas.
- developing and executing safety measure for students, teaching staff and part-time theatre technicians who may be operating technical equipment in the theatre.
- training of part-time theatre technicians in emergency evacuation policies and procedures in the LLAC; liaise with the Arts Center Manager and LLAC staff for all preparation for fire drills.
- when required, manipulating the A/C program for the Arts Centre, programming and adjustment of temperature controls in the theatre auditorium and lobby areas
- performs other comparable duties as assigned which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of theatre lighting, sound, and rigging equipment.
- Knowledge of proper placement and operation of lighting, sound, and rigging to obtain the desired theatrical affect.
- Knowledge of lighting, sound, video and rigging maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of safety regulations/procedures governing the placement/operation of lighting, sound, video and rigging equipment.
- Knowledge of current audio, visual and staging equipment set up.
- Formal training and previous experience in a similar role.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English and Chinese.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision.
OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.