Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for the following position(s) to join our Business and Operations section:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Finance and Accounting, the Assistant Accountant is responsible for the effective and efficient processing of accounting data; fixed assets management, staff reimbursements, refunds and other general accounting tasks and duties as assigned.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets
- Ensure all fixed assets are affixed with tag numbers
- Track the compilation of all “constructions in progress” projects into fixed assets upon completion
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary level in general ledger
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets
- Review fully depreciated assets with department heads and review whether items should be disposed of
- Keep separate file with purchase information and other data
- Keep fixed asset register up-to-date and investigate any anomalies
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure fixed assets records are consistent
- Assist with annual depreciation forecast
- Assist with month end closing
- Prepare monthly capital, depreciation and other reports as requested
- Conduct physical inventory counts of fixed assets as per schedule, investigate and resolve any issues such as damages, theft and lost items
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquires
- Review and ensure compliance of staff reimbursement and travel expenses claims
- Ensure proper accounting coding for staff reimbursement and travel expenses claims
- Process payment for staff reimbursement and travel expenses claim on a bi-weekly basis
- Responsible for staff cash advance processing and reconciliation
- Process refund requests accurately and with due diligence
- Assist in investigate inefficiencies and recommend efficient methodology
- CISPA account preparation and provide information to their external auditor
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned by supervisors
- General daily accounting duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in accounting field
- Knowledge in accounting software is an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Responsible, hardworking and willing to learn
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English and in Chinese
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above positions, CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.