Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for the following positions to join our Business and Operations section:
1. Purchasing Manager
Reporting to Director of Business Administration, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall management of the purchasing department with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the sourcing and procurement of categories including teaching resources and related projects, equipment, supplies, furniture, and corporate services etc. for the school to comply with school’s procurement policy;
- Hands-on performing procurement activities including running RFP/RFQ/ tender document, price benchmarking, conduct commercial and pricing negotiation, and contract management etc.
- Lead the team members to proactively identify, analyse and evaluate user departments’ procurement needs/ issues and propose solutions and recommendations
- Support the tender process for works projects under the established policies
- Oversee the compliance framework for the Purchasing Department and provide necessary training on compliance requirements including internal controls and procedures for purchasing
- Establish and maintain supplier database accurately and conduct supplier performance review
- Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives to streamline process and improve efficiency for the Department
- Implement initiatives on sourcing and supplier development
- Maintain effective relationship with key suppliers
- Assist procurement transformation project contribute to the continuous improvement of procurement process, plus other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree holder or equivalent in supply chain management or related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in in purchasing and supply chain management (including 5 years of supervisory experience). Job exposure in education sector would be an advantage
- Possess professional knowledge in identifying procurement issues and developing solutions
- Strong procurement and project management skill set, sound stakeholder management skills
- Responsible for handling supplier evaluation, price negotiation; quality compliance and cost control management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is preferred
2. Writer/Alumni Affairs Coordinator
Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is seeking a highly-motivated professional to join its fast-growing communications team. We seek a full-time Writer/Alumni Affairs Coordinator who will support the communications team through interviewing staff, writing and editing.
The Writer/Alumni Affairs Coordinator will have a broad role. Working with the Senior Manager of Communications, we are looking for a person who will not only contribute content to our internal and external communications channels, but one who will also help to formulate strategies to increase greater alumni involvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate news stories
- Facilitate e-communications within the internal and external school communities
- Ensure written material adheres to writing standards and “house” style
- Upload and update generated news, information, stories, alerts and videos to appropriate areas of distribution: web, social media, email
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager of Communications serve as a point of contact for news stories across the CDNIS community
- Develop new and engaging experiences based on alumni interests
- Routinely gather and analyze data in order to assess programme effectiveness at increasing alumni engagement and commitment
- Undertake any other duties and functions as required which will help impact and strengthen the School’s communications
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations Marketing, Business Administration or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in communications writing for various forms of media including websites, social media, and news articles on deadline
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Understanding and experience using digital and social media
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to create professional, interesting and impactful messaging
- Creative self-starter, forward-thinker who demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate confidently across all levels
- Work outside of normal business hours are required
- Enthusiasm for the Vision and Mission of CDNIS
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Fluency in oral and written Chinese, both Cantonese and Mandarin
- Photography and videography helpful
- Knowledge of producing and editing video content for web
- Knowledge of CDNIS administrative software
- Knowledge of CDNIS operations
- Knowledge of standard publishing and design software
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above positions, CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.